Thursday, January 30, 2020

X rays

So, I decided to go to the hospital and other places I took the baby to so I could get a copy of the X-rays. I also had to take Aurora for an X-ray the same day because she injured her finger during gym, which ended up bruised, swollen, and warm to the touch. Definitely fractured. Even though fingers and toes usually need little intervention, it’s good to have an X-ray to make sure it isn’t displaced. Aurora had a fractured finger 3 years ago (same one she has injured now!), and there was swelling and lots of bruising. Mothers instincts told me to bring her for X-rays even though my husband thought she was fine because she didn’t have any pain and was using it. Turns out it was slightly displaced and the doctor had to put it back into place.

I examined Aurora’s X-ray and found the fracture. It’s so subtle, I honestly thought I wouldn’t get a call saying it was fractured, but i did !

I did have to increase the detail and the colour a little bit so that it would be more visible, but I spotted it very faint on the X-ray disk before downloading the images.



As for Inari’s xrays, I know now why it took so long to get answers. Her December ones done at the hospital, days after her injury, show absolutely nothing. When I looked at the disk from the place we went to ordered by the walk in clinic doctor, the X-rays weren’t even done where she had the fracture. Inari had a bruise on her ankle, also pain was by ankle area too. So that’s where the doctor ordered X-rays... foot/ ankle, NOT tibia. Than the last hospital X-rays show her fracture. This is why a lot of times ER doctors, or a doctor knowledgeable about broken bones will usually have an X-ray on an area that’s not necessarily hurting but near the pain. 







Today I had to take Inari to the ER, as the last few nights she’s had trouble sleeping because of the pain! Tuesday night, she woke up maybe 20 times and the first 3 hours after going to bed where the worst. Wednesday night, she woke up too many times to count. Very restless, flipping around and crying. I got no sleep. She got little/ no sleep. She finally passed out at 6:30 am and woke up around 8:20. The ortho we seen Sunday left her in a splint, so the ER doctor thought the pain was from it not being stable enough. She’s in a cast now, and even though she literally just passed out, she seems more content. I’m expecting her to heal up nice. Hopefully in a few weeks or so she’ll be cast free, and we can get her walking again.







No comments:

Post a Comment