Friday, January 24, 2020

Been a long time

So I haven’t really kept up with blogging. Lots of other priorities and busy busy.

We had another baby in August 2018. Born at 8:12pm and weighed 8lbs 12oz.  Her name is Inari : ) When she was 9/10 days old I noticed a bump on her collarbone. Took her to the ER and our suspicions where confirmed of a clavicle fracture. I’m assuming during the birth is how she sustained it. I knew than she had inherited OI. Genetic testing was done at Montreal shriners hospital & we got the call back stating she has Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 1.

Aurora is now 8 and will be turning 9 next month. Thankfully she’s been doing very good in the fracture department. After seeing compression fractures on her X-ray we started Zoledronic acid infusions a few years ago. Her bone density has gone up. Her bone juice is helping lots! She’s broken a finger and her foot twice, but nothing major. She’s active, runs and plays. Acts just like a normal kid her age and I couldn’t be happier.

I do have another update I’d like to post about. Once I have some time to write it all out, I’ll fill you in on what we’ve had going on with the baby! Maybe I can actually start updating regularly (haha) we’ll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment